The main reason why they don’t work is often due to battery failure and engineers don’t have the time to fix it Hence you only see them in public restrooms with multiple sinks and not in areas with only one sink eg hotels, hospitals, nursing homes
SmartFaucets uses hydroelectric power rechargeable batteries so bathroom cleaners can plug it in before they start cleaning the bathroom and the half hour charge is generally good for one month.
A full charge from net zero is 3 hours which is good for 12000 uses meaning half hour charge is good for 2000 uses which is about 50 uses a day.
100 uses a day will require charging twice a month for half hour 150 uses a day will require 3 times a month.
Most important benefit here is that
1. You do not require engineers time to charge the battery which is costly
2. You are saving the environment by not flooding the environment with batteries.
There are 4 key features that SmartFaucets has most other brands do not have
1. Hydroelectric Rechargeable batteries Saving environment of disposable batteries
2. Certified by IAPMO for 550,000 uses without failure giving it a lifespan of 30 years if used 50 times a day making it more economical than manual faucets in the long run plus savings in water, gas, electric, paper towels and trash (most sensor faucets cost $500-$600 per unit in the market and only last 5 years. This means you have to replace every 5 years which can be costly in the long run as it is designed for repeat sales) $500 every 5 years will cost you $2500 over 30 years.
3. Patented timer defaults at 5 seconds -Adjustable 10/20/30/40/50/60 seconds - users can fill up a cup to brush their teeth Or fill up a container or sink to wash their clothes
Most sensor faucets in the market is heat activated so your filthy hand must be placed in front to activate the water and requires another Hand holding the cup to fill it up or fill up the sink
4. Patented preset touch temperature 65/80/95/110F defaults at 80F SmartFaucets defaults at a comfortable warm water at 80F which is most desirable while users can easily activate other temperatures with a touch of knuckle for sanitation and convenience not having to pull manual handles to change the temperature.
Most sensor faucets in the Market uses a mini dial system due to SmartFaucets patented touch temperature.
But that’s not sanitary as one persons greasy hands can dial and deposit their grease while another picks it up
Dialing to adjust water temperature is also a waste of precious water.
The 2 patented technology of preset timer and temperature
1. SmartFaucets preset timer can help save a lot of water by filling up a cup to brush the teeth, so water is shut off saving two gallons of water twice a day Other savings include shaving, washing of face, putting on contact lens, removing Make up etc these could add up to 5-6 gallons a day or 2000 gallons a year
2. Preset temperature 65/80/95/110 defaults at 80F is very comfortable for most people Since nobody likes washing their hands in cold water
A.) This saves a lot of water adjusting
B.) If other temperature is needed the other 3 preset temperatures can be activated with a touch of a knuckle.
This means Sanitation and convenience and saves water adjusting. 10 adjustments of 10-12 seconds can means another 2 gallons saved or 1000 gallons per person per year.
This brings a total of almost 3000 gallons per person per year saved plus sanitation and convenience.